The Cultrex® 10X Spheroid Formation ECM is a proprietary mixture of extracellular matrix proteins derived from murine EHS sarcoma and optimized for spheroid formation. The diluted ECM is a fluid in culture that promotes cell-cell adhesion within a low adhesion environment.
Quality control specifications:
- Mouse colonies are routinely screened for pathogens using mouse antibody production (MAP) testing.
- Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor is LDEV-free.
- PathClear® – tested negative by PCR for 17 bacterial and virus strains typically included in mouse antibody production (MAP) testing, plus 13 additional murine infectious agents including LDEV, for a total of 31 organisms and viruses.
- No bacterial or fungal growth detected after incubation at 37°C for 14 days following USP sterility testing guidelines.
- Endotoxin concentration ≤ 8 EU/ml by Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) assay.
- No mycoplasma contamination detected by PCR.
- Provided in Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s medium (DMEM) without phenol red, with 10 µg/ml gentamicin sulfate.
- Biological activity determined for each lot:
- Performance tested in Cultrex® 3D Spheroid Cell Invasion Assay.