Cultrex® Mouse Laminin I is purified from Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor. Laminin I is a major component of the basement membrane which is a continuous sheet of specialized extracellular matrix that forms an interface between endothelial, epithelial, muscle, or neuronal cells and their adjacent stroma and that plays an essential role in tissue organization by influencing cell adhesion, migration, proliferation, and differentiation. This highly purified preparation of mouse Laminin I is composed of α1β1γ1 chains with a total MW of 800 KDa.
Cultrex® Stem Cell Qualified Mouse Laminin I is a purified basement membrane protein that has been developed, produced and qualified for attachment and maintenance of embryonic and inducible pluripotent stem cells.
Quality control specifications:
- Mouse colonies are routinely screened for pathogens using mouse antibody production (MAP) testing.
- Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor is LDEV-free.
- No bacterial or fungal growth detected after incubation at 37°C for 14 days following USP sterility testing guidelines.
- Endotoxin concentration ≤ 20 EU/ml by Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) assay.
- Protein concentration of 1 mg/ml.
- No mycoplasma contamination detected by PCR.
- Provided in Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s medium (DMEM) without phenol red.
- Purity ≥90% (SDS-PAGE).
- Biological activity determined for each lot:
- Promotes the attachment of human iPSCs.
- Effectively maintains human iPSCs in a pluripotent state in a feeder-free culture.