Poly-D-Lysine, a highly positively charged synthetic amino acid chain, is commonly used as a coating agent to promote cell adhesion in culture on tissue culture-treated plastic or glass surfaces. Moreover, poly-D-Lysine is resistant to enzymatic degradation and promotes the proliferation and differentiation of a variety of neuronal cell lines. This solution contains polymers in the 70,000-150,000 Da range, and it is provided sterile filtered and ready to use at 0.01%.
Quality control specifications:
- No bacterial or fungal growth detected after incubation at 37°C for 14 days following USP sterility testing guidelines.
- Endotoxin concentration ≤ 20 EU/mL by LAL assay.
- Protein concentration of 0.01%.
- Provided in phosphate-buffered saline (PBS).
- Biological activity determined for each lot:
- Cell Attachment: Tested for ability to promote attachment of rat PC-12 pheochromocytoma cells.