Cultrex® Mouse Laminin I, Pathclear® is purified from Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor and is Pathclear® certified to be free of common pathogens. Laminin I is a major component of the basement membrane which is a continuous sheet of specialized extracellular matrix that forms an interface between endothelial, epithelial, muscle, or neuronal cells and their adjacent stroma and that plays an essential role in tissue organization by influencing cell adhesion, migration, proliferation, and differentiation.
Cultrex® Mouse Laminin I, Pathclear® is a purified basement membrane protein that has been developed, produced and qualified specifically for cell culture studies where the presence of pathogens may cause concern.
Quality control specifications:
- Mouse colonies are routinely screened for pathogens using mouse antibody production (MAP) testing.
- Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor is LDEV-free.
- PathClear® – tested negative by PCR for 17 bacterial and virus strains typically included in mouse antibody production (MAP) testing, plus 13 additional murine infectious agents including LDEV, for a total of 31 organisms and viruses.
- No bacterial or fungal growth detected after incubation at 37°C for 14 days following USP sterility testing guidelines.
- Endotoxin concentration ≤ 20 EU/ml by Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) assay.
- Protein concentration of 1 mg/ml.
- No mycoplasma contamination detected by PCR.
- Provided in Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s medium (DMEM) without phenol red.
- Purity ≥90% (SDS-PAGE).
- Biological activity determined for each lot:
- Cell Attachment: Tested for the ability to promote cell attachment and spreading of MG63 human osteosarcoma cells.