Cultrex® 3D Culture Matrix® Collagen I is a purified stromal ECM protein that has been developed, produced and qualified specifically for use in 3D culture studies.
Quality control specifications:
- No bacterial or fungal growth detected after incubation at 37°C for 14 days following USP sterility testing guidelines.
- Endotoxin concentration ≤ 20 EU/ml by Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) assay.
- No mycoplasma contamination detected by PCR.
- Protein concentration of 5 mg/ml.
- Provided in 20 mM Acetic Acid, pH 3.4 – 3.6.
- Biological activity determined for each lot:
- 3-D Culture: Collagen I forms a gel when diluted to 0.4 mg/ml at neutral pH and promotes attachment and growth of murine endothelial SVEC4-10 cells.
- Cell Attachment: Tested for the ability to promote cell attachment and spreading of HT1080 human fibrosarcoma cells.