Cultrex® 3D Culture Matrix Laminin I is purified from Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor and is provided at a high concentration that is capable of polymerizing to form a hydrogel at 37°C. Laminin I is a major component of the basement membrane which is a continuous sheet of specialized extracellular matrix that forms an interface between endothelial, epithelial, muscle, or neuronal cells and their adjacent stroma and that plays an essential role in tissue organization by influencing cell adhesion, migration, proliferation, and differentiation.
Cultrex® 3D Culture Matrix Laminin I is a purified basement membrane protein that has been developed, produced and qualified specifically for use in 3D culture studies.
Quality control specifications:
- Mouse colonies are routinely screened for pathogens using mouse antibody production (MAP) testing.
- Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor is LDEV-free.
- No bacterial or fungal growth detected after incubation at 37°C for 14 days following USP sterility testing guidelines.
- Endotoxin concentration ≤ 20 EU/ml by Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) assay.
- Protein concentration of 6 mg/ml.
- No mycoplasma contamination detected by PCR.
- Provided in Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s medium (DMEM) without phenol red, with 10 µg/ml gentamicin sulfate.
- Purity ≥90% (SDS-PAGE).
- Gel stability tested for a period of 14 days at 37°C.
- Biological activity determined for each lot:
- 3-D Culture: Laminin I promotes differentiation of a human epithelial cell line derived from mammary gland (MCF-10A) into acinar structures.
- Cell Attachment: Tested for the ability to promote cell attachment and spreading of MG63 human osteosarcoma cells.