Cultrex® Mouse Colllagen IV is purified from Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor. Collagen IV is a component of the basement membrane which is a continuous sheet of specialized extracellular matrix that forms an interface between endothelial, epithelial, muscle, or neuronal cells and their adjacent stroma and that plays an essential role in tissue organization by influencing cell adhesion, migration, proliferation, and differentiation.
Cultrex® 5X Collagen IV Solution is a purified basement membrane protein that has been developed, produced and qualified for the Cultrex® Collagen IV Cell Invasion Assays.
Quality control specifications:
- Mouse colonies are routinely screened for pathogens using mouse antibody production (MAP) testing.
- Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor is LDEV-free.
- No bacterial or fungal growth detected after incubation at 37°C for 14 days following USP sterility testing guidelines.
- Endotoxin concentration ≤ 20 EU/ml by Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) assay.
- Protein concentration of 0.5 mg/ml.
- No mycoplasma contamination detected by PCR.
- Provided in 50 mM Hydrochloric Acid, 1 mM TCEP – HCl.
- Purity ≥90% (SDS-PAGE).
- Biological activity determined for each lot:
- Tested for ability to promote attachment and spreading of rat PC-12 pheochromocytoma cells.
- Performance tested in Cultrex® Collagen IV Cell Invasion Assay.