The high cellularity of cardiac tissue presents problems in permeabilization, so the CardioTACS™ Kit comes with two permeabilization reagents to provide options. The kit is based on DNA end-labeling using terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (TdT) and a modified nucleotide that is subsequently detected using our TACS Blue Label™ detection system. Trevigen has developed an exclusive apoptosis grade TdT enzyme that when coupled with the TACS Blue Label™ solution, provides labeling 20 to 50 times more sensitive than standard diaminobenzidine (DAB) labeling methods. To ensure ease of data interpretation when the numbers of apoptotic cells are low, CardioTACS™ includes Nuclear Fast Red Counterstain which provides superb contrast to the TACS Blue Label™ in apoptotic cells.
In addition, the kit includes TACS-Nuclease™ to generate a positive control in your own sample. The positive control provides an internal control for permeabilization and labeling so additional optimization is nominal and the data can be interpreted with confidence. This complete kit provides all the reagents required for labeling including two permeabilization reagents, labeling and detection reagents, stop buffer, counterstain, TACS-Nuclease™ reagent, and a protocol detailing incubation times and reagent concentrations.
- Performance tested on heart-derived samples.
- Includes both Proteinase K and exclusive Cytonin™ non-enzymatic permeabilization reagents.
- Includes TACS-Nuclease™ solution for preparing sample-dependent positive controls.
- Helps resolve unique problems encountered when detecting apoptotic cardiac cells.
- In situ detection of apoptosis in fixed frozen, paraffin embedded, or plastic embedded cardiac cells and tissues.
- Assists in the identification of apoptotic morphologies.