The kit has been developed to overcome the common difficulties unique to neuronal samples including the fragile nature of brain tissue sections, high background problems, poor counterstaining with common dyes, and the need to perform dual labeling experiments to detect cell specific antigens in conjunction with apoptotic cells. A key feature is NeuroPore™, a proprietary permeabilization reagent that gently permeabilizes samples while retaining cell morphology. NeuroPore™ also contains blocking reagents to allow its use as an antibody diluent in immunohistochemistry and to reduce background staining.
DNA fragments generated by apoptosis are end-labeled with modified nucleotides using a highly purified terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase enzyme (TdT). The incorporated nucleotides are detected using a horseradish peroxidase system that catalyzes the conversion of diaminobenzidine (DAB) into a visible dark brown precipitate. NeuroTACS™ II contains the Blue Counterstain to allow visualization of all cells within the sample with good contrast to the brown DAB precipitate. A DAB enhancer is also provided with the kit for the option to intensify or darken DAB staining. In addition, the Blue Counterstain is compatible with the red-colored substrates used for phosphatase detection in double labeling experiments. The protocol includes details for labeling in situ for apoptosis and antigen detection on the same sample. To ensure that your own samples have been processed and permeabilized correctly, we provide TACS-Nuclease™, a unique reagent used to generate a positive control with your own samples. This provides a high degree of confidence for data interpretation and can help pinpoint problem steps in the labeling procedure.
- Unique buffer system produces more consistent labeling.
- Performance tested on brain sections.
- Includes exclusive NeuroPore™ permeabilization reagent.
- Includes TACS-Nuclease™ solution for preparing sample-dependent positive controls.
- Helps resolve unique problems encountered when detecting apoptotic neuronal cells.
- In situ detection of apoptosis in fixed frozen, paraffin embedded, or plastic embedded cells and tissues.
- Assists in the identification of apoptotic morphologies.